Jennifer Gennari is a classically trained figurative artist. She graduated in 2005 from Ringling College of Art and Deign and in 2008 left for Italy to study at the Florence Academy of Art where she spent three years abroad studying classical realism under Daniel Graves.
Jennifer returned to New York in 2011 and started working as a painting assistant to Jeff Koons. She eventually left to pursue teaching at the National Academy Museum and School, the Long Island Academy of Fine Art, and instructs students privately from her studio in Greenpoint Brooklyn.
Jennifer has written a book on drawing the human figure, and has also hosted an online class through Craftsy that instructs beginners on the techniques used in creating traditional portraits.
Jennifer’s work has been shown internationally and has received multiple awards and honors.
- American Artist Professional League, Grand National Exhibition 2015
- Florence Academy of Art Alumni show in honor of its NJ metro branch opening 2015
- Portrait Society of America- Certificate of Excellence 2015
- Forces of Nature- One Art Space NYC 2015
- Denise Bibro Fine Art, 2014
- Dacia Gallery NYC Protinus, 2014
- Richard Massey Foundation, Florence Academy Alumni Show NYC, 2014
- Principle Gallery Charleston, “Women Painting Women” 2014
- Artist Portfolio Magazine, LA vs NY 2014
- Art Renewal Center, 2014
- Arch Enemy Arts, group show 2014
- Greenpoint Gallery, group show 2014
- Featured artist, Artist Portfolio Magazine 2014
- Art Renewal Center finalist ,2013
- Concurso M.E.A.M. 2013
- Dacia Gallery Universal Art Project, 2013
- Feature Article in Southwest Art Magazine, 2013
- Faculty Show, National Academy, 2013
- Members Exhibition, Salmagundi Club, NYC, 2012
- Florence Academy Alumni show, Italy, 2012
- Creative Works: Aesthetica Magazine Feature, 2012
- Studio Visit Magazine Feature, 2012